At Hallsten Innovations, we develop custom electronics-based OEM solutions. We are building the Internet of Things (IoT) one innovative design at a time, and we need your help.
If you live for IoT and gadgets, if getting your hands dirty with the latest technology is as important to you as the air you breathe, and if the Internet of Things is as valuable to you, then you might are a contender.
We are searching to fill a firmware engineer role in our Barberton, OH Headquarters.
Firmware Engineer Technology Requirements
In order to realize the 20 Billion Things needed to be connected to the Internet, we need crucial firmware talent.
Here’s the hard part – we need an EE/Computer Engineer with a strong knowledge of firmware design, or a Computer Science guru with personal or professional experience in understanding circuit design (yes that means resistors, transistors, connectors, integrated circuits and processors on a board) for the purposes of firmware development.
The understanding between software and hardware cannot be underscored enough, so this position requires a proven track record of experience in this area of interplay.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming language
- Familiar with modern embedded development tool chains (iar, gnu, arm, etc)
- Familiar with modern 16/32-bit RISC CPU architecture (ARM Cortex M, Cortex A, etc) and at least one assembly language
- Deep understanding of real-time system basics and solid experience with RTOS in addition to bare metal systems
- Experience and knowledge with host interfaces and peripherals
- Comfortable with lab environment, including system bring up, testing, and debugging; familiar with basic lab equipment
- Strong capability in diagnosing and root-causing problems with various SW and HW tools
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with other team members and management
- A proven track record of industry experience in real-time embedded system development
- Experience with IoT wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, SIGFOX, LoRa, ZigBee, LTE, etc) protocols, modules & chipsets a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux (and Linux Kernel) development a plus
- Experience with smaller 8-bit micros (PIC, MSP430, ATMega, etc) and associated bare metal systems a plus
So…Are you a firmware ninja that can read a circuit diagram?
We’re looking for you. Reach out today.
Submit your creative cover letter and resume to careers @ hallsteninnovations.com today to be considered for this role.
About Hallsten Innovations Ltd.
Hallsten Innovations is a US (Midwest) based provider of custom designed IoT embedded electronic products and engineering services. Hallsten Innovations has served dozens of clients from a variety of market segments. Dozens of created products designs shipped to the tune of over 5 million devices worldwide. Hallsten Innovations prides itself with nimble teams that strive to collaboratively learn with relentless advocacy the custom solution needs of our clients and then deliver those custom solutions on-time, to-spec, and within budget.